PDA

View Full Version : Old company PC asking for network login details...

Honey Bunny
04-05-2008, 11:32 PM
Good Evening everyone,

Not sure if this is a software issue?

I brought home a Dell PC from previous work place year as they were giving them away.

Switched on PC for the first time this evening to discover it is still locked to the company network and is asking me for a password.

I am sure there is a way to reset the PC or remove this window when I switch on the PC?

Help!

Thanks
Honey :rolleyes:

ONY
04-05-2008, 11:37 PM
Hiya and Welcome to Free PC Help Honey.
Please be patient and someone will be along to assist you. :)

AdvancedSetup
05-05-2008, 12:01 AM
Hello,

Do you know what Operating System it is? Windows 95, 98 or Windows 2000, XP?

Did they give you the local administrator account password?

help4me
05-05-2008, 02:27 AM
Hi Honey... and welcome to Free PC Help. Unfortunately, as stated in our rules we can't help with this issue.
5: On the grounds that we are never able to validate the methods of acquisition of hardware, we are unable to provide solutions to circumvent password protection on hardware http://www.freepchelp.co.uk/forum/rules-please-read/1721-rules.html

A few bad apples have caused many forums to take such steps, and honest people just can't get help for these types of situations. Please accept my apologies on behalf of the Free PC Help team, and I hope that you still continue to post on the forum and we will be glad to assist you with other computer issues.

Thread closed.

maynardvdm
05-05-2008, 08:32 AM
Hi as Help4me said we cannot offer help with regard to passwords.

But if you have a legal Windows disk, you can install a clean installation on that pc. Warning: You will loose all data with a clean installation.

Thread is still closed.