PDA

View Full Version : Driver's missing?

LMGMSM_ER
15-01-2007, 10:24 PM
I recently had a problem with my e machines desktop not switching on. It was under warranty and therefore PC world agreed to fix it. They put in a new motherboad and it seemed to be working fine.

At christmas my daughter got The Sim's 2 and when I try to install I get an error "failed to find any directx 9.0c compatible graphics adaptors in the system. Please make sure you have a directx compatible graphics adaptors and have installed the latest drivers"

I have installed DirectX and ran DXdiag and I can see that there are no drivers under display, but I dont know if I just need to download something or if something has happened when I got the new motherboard.

Incidentally, when we try to play DVD's we get a message saying "DVD Error - the tv out port of your display card is not working properly". I assume this is related to the other issue.

I would really appreciate advise on this one before I call the 1 a minute helpline!!!!"

Thanks
Louise

Jamey
19-02-2007, 10:14 AM
PC World did not install the appropriate graphics card driver when they repaired your machine. It is their fault.

Get them to repair the fault under the terms of your warranty, like you did for the motherboard. It is quite a silly error on their part.