PDA

View Full Version : software backup question

sternrulez
31-08-2008, 02:33 PM
Hi,

I'm purchasing an external HD today, and I'd like to know if there is any software available that would allow me to backup my installed programs INCLUDING any registry entries? For example, I'm using Firefox on Windows XP home edition, and I have MULTITUDES of addons/scripts etc. installed in it. I'd hate to have to take HOURS re-installing them, and it would be helpful if I could do this with other installed programs also. Obviously I'm not looking for a 'clone' program, as that would defeat the purpose of reformatting my system..I simply want to select which programs I want to back up so I can get them back on my PC as soon as possible after the reformat. Any help would be greatly appreciated! :)

Wolfeymole
31-08-2008, 02:40 PM
Hello Stern

Welcome to FPCH

In my personal opinion the best program to use would be Acronis True Image, that will make back ups of programs, files and even the entire hard drive.

Acronis backup software and recovery services in UK. Complete hard disk drive copy, cloning and image backup software: computer files and disk copying (http://www.acronis.co.uk/homecomputing/products/trueimage/)