PDA

View Full Version : software for removing old files?

centry08
25-09-2008, 12:59 PM
Hi not sure im in the right place but i just bought myself a new computer and im selling my old one to a friend. The thing is i used to do alot of online banking and such on my last computer so i had alot of banking and personal infomation on there. The guy who is buying my old one is abit of a computer expert not that i dont trust him i would just feel more comfortable knowing all traces of that info was removed.
Is there any programmes/software or something i can do to remove this stuff?

ive gone through my computer deleted what i could find put it in recycle bin then emptied that but someone told me doing that doesnt remove it from my hard drive or something i dont dont know lol plz help :)

Wolfeymole
25-09-2008, 01:00 PM
Get this Centry, it does exactly what it says on the tin.

Active@ Kill Disk Hard Drive Eraser. Low Level Format. (http://www.killdisk.com/)

centry08
25-09-2008, 01:15 PM
Can i just asked i played alot of online games with my last comp and the guys whos buying it plays one i have already installed would it be possible to keep that and all the patchs from that game if i run this programme or will it take that too?

Wolfeymole
25-09-2008, 01:18 PM
Killdisk will completely and utterly obliterate any data on that drive completely Centry, there will be nothing left at all whatsoever.