PDA

View Full Version : Cant delete Nero

gunslinger
30-10-2008, 07:25 PM
Hellllppp.

I have a copy of Nero 7 essentials that stopped working so I am trying to uninstall it.
Problem is it gets so far and I get the mesage "shell manager database is corrupt or missing" and it wont go any further.

Does anyone have an idea of how I can get rid of it.

Thanks
GS

Wolfeymole
30-10-2008, 07:28 PM
This sounds like a corrupt copy of Nero 7 Gunslinger, where did you get it mate?

gunslinger
30-10-2008, 07:46 PM
It was already loaded on a laptop that I bought secondhand and it was working. Not sure why it stopped but irrespective of whether it is dodgy I am trying to get it out of the laptop so I can install a newer version.

GS

RandyL
30-10-2008, 08:30 PM
Try the Nero 7 CleanTool. (http://www.nero.com/enu/support-nero7-tools-utilities.html)

Plastic Nev
31-10-2008, 01:42 PM
You can also try Revo Uninstaller if you haven't already got it. It can quite often remove the awkward programs such as yours where files are missing. Download Revo from here-
Revo Uninstaller Freeware - Uninstall, Remove Programs, Solve uninstall problems (http://www.revouninstaller.com/)

gunslinger
01-11-2008, 12:17 AM
Thanks guys. Nero cleanup did the trick

GS

RandyL
01-11-2008, 04:08 AM
That's great to hear gunslinger. Thanks for letting us know how it turned out.

Wolfeymole
01-11-2008, 08:45 AM
Good find Nev well done mate. :)

Plastic Nev
01-11-2008, 05:40 PM
Not guilty this time, it was RandyL who pointed him to the Nero cleaning tool. Glad that sorted the problem gunslinger.
Though Revo is a good tool on its own, if any one is using it, the latest version is 1.75. As I found recently my version was a bit old, so when I opened it there was a notification of updates.

Goku
01-11-2008, 05:51 PM
Not guilty this time, it was RandyL who pointed him to the Nero cleaning tool. Glad that sorted the problem gunslinger.
Though Revo is a good tool on its own, if any one is using it, the latest version is 1.75. As I found recently my version was a bit old, so when I opened it there was a notification of updates.
Agreed. Revo is one of the best third-party uninstallers out there that are free. It is surely more reliable than the inbuilt Windows installer as it can reach corners the Windows Add / Remove utility overlooks. :)

-- Goku