PDA

View Full Version : Asus AI Nap Problem

DirtyPolo
30-11-2008, 02:11 AM
Hey On my new PC, I have the Asus P5k Premium, WiFi black pearl edition motherboard.
The problem is, when I go to use AI Nap, as if it worked it would be VERY VERY USeful for me, the dialogue box appears comfirming that I want to enter Nap mode, and the screen then dims, and everything freezes, the pc carries onw orking at full speed and full sound, but also when I try to exit AI Nap, by pressing everysingle key that can be pressed, including the power one, it wont exit AI Nap... so I always have to hard reset it with either the reset button or the dreaded holding the power button for a few seconds.

Any ideas as to how or why?
I have downloaded and installed the latest version of AI Suit, and I have searched the Asus forums for help but the only posts about AI Nap all say it works fine.. :S

MY specs are Q6600 OC'd and the Asus P5K black pearl Mobo with Vista home premium 32bit.

DirtyPolo
04-12-2008, 08:38 PM
Just wondering if anyone has any ideas about this problem? XD it does annoy me sometimes :P
I wish I had it working :D

DirtyPolo
05-12-2008, 12:25 AM
Just a kind of update on this problem of mine, my computer acted very strangely today...
I was about to go to sleep so I decided to give this AI Nap another try so it could continue to download through the night, so I opened the AI suit, and clicked on AI Nap, and it asked me if I wanted to enter AI Nap, so I clicked yes.
Next thing I know, my PC instantly restarts and brings me to the screen complaining that windows wasnt shut down correctly and what would I like to do, aka, safe mode or start normally...

This is weird, even for a PC :P
I have checked all the settings and they are as they should be, regarding the power switch options etc.

Dalo Harkin
05-12-2008, 08:58 AM
I have seen some issues with the older versions of AI nap - but to be honest - its not a needed piece of software really - it uses more power on standby than if the PC were on - just turn the monitor off and anything else thats not needed like the speakers - the rest wont make much difference.

DirtyPolo
05-12-2008, 11:00 AM
oh okay, thanks :P

I didn't know about that :P I thought it would be instantly better than just doing that lol :)
and I have the latest version of it anyway xD
Maybe because i've OC'd, I saw some posts complaining it didnt work on OC'd machines.
I'll just do your idea instead :)

Dalo Harkin
05-12-2008, 01:21 PM
The problem with programs like that is that they make the components run at a reduced rate and some of the older software does not know what to do with Overclocked machines.

(And get some pictures done :-))

DirtyPolo
05-12-2008, 02:44 PM
Yeah, and I am :P
Just waiting for a camera to use, I don't have my own so I need to borrow someone else's, maybe my brother's or dad's.
They WILL come though :)