PDA

View Full Version : Trace Removal

dorsil
13-01-2009, 12:58 PM
hello m8's,as i'm cleaning my pc,i'm deleting many unusefull things,as i deleted them from their original folder,and from the add and remove ,then i searched for remaining files from Start /Search and tried all locations, but it's annoying ,is there any freeware software that with one click can remove all uninstalled programes traces?

thanks

Dalo Harkin
13-01-2009, 01:05 PM
Easiest way is to go into the C:/ drive and delete any of the Program files that you are POSITIVE that you have uninstalled/removed the program from

Goku
13-01-2009, 01:25 PM
Consider Revo Uninstaller (http://www.revouninstaller.com/) Dorsil. :)

-- Goku

dorsil
13-01-2009, 01:39 PM
thanks i'll try this too,i have Portable Window Washer,is this usefull?

BeeCeeBee
13-01-2009, 01:47 PM
May I suggest that you started this thread indicating that you were cleaning house, so to speak. If you are able to conduct a search for remnants you obviously remember which programs you are looking for.

It seems to me that the suggestion posed by Dalo is quite simple and does not require further downloads or the adding any new programs in order to rid yourself of old ones.

dorsil
13-01-2009, 02:28 PM
thanks,looking forward to this all

Plastic Nev
16-01-2009, 08:57 PM
Hoping not to tread on any toes here as Beeceebee, and Dalo are correct in their way, I can also endorse the Revo uninstaller that Goku mentions, I have it and when sent off to do an uninstall, it does go chasing the remnants. If any thing is left behind after Revo has finished, you can safely ignore it. It saves the messing of doing searches for all the stuff the ordinary Windows uninstaller leaves behind.

dorsil
16-01-2009, 10:41 PM
thanks to you too Plastic Nev,i'm using it,it works well

thanks