PDA

View Full Version : Help with Acrobat PDF

Paul Proctor
25-01-2009, 08:50 PM
I am having difficulties with Adobe Acrobat writer 4.0.

I am involved in a local semi-professional football team and edit their programme. It has to be sent to the printers via PDF format.

All of a sudden and for no reason I can fathom, when I save a document page singularly as a PDF its fine, but when I then try to collate the pages together to save as a final document before sending to the printer, It changes the text to boxes.

I was using Times New Roman font but have tried changing this to both Franklin Gothic Medium and also Verdana as I have heard that the font's are sometimes the reason but it is still not saving properly.

This is something that seems to have happened all of a sudden as upto last week there wasn't a problem but now there is and someone I know who works for a large computer company in software hasn't a clue.

I have also uninstalled and reinstalled both Microsoft Office and Adobe Acrobat 4.0 to see if this helps but without success.

Can anyone help, we have a game this Tuesday and I have to get the programme to the printers by lunchtime tomorrow who have said they cant accept on any other format than PDF.

Tootech
25-01-2009, 10:09 PM
I don't know what the problem is.........but it may be worth running a System Restore back to a point where it worked ok.

It may be the quick fix you are looking for.

Anything you have saved on your Desktop would need backing up as System Restore will mess with any folders saved there.

If it works, come back and let us know.