View Full Version : How to Uninstall Real Player
08-02-2009, 07:40 AM
Once I installed real player free version 11.0.5 on my PC. but that is no longer necessary for me since I switched to i-tune and gom player recently. But unfortunately, I cannot uninstall it from my PC and it is occupying a lot of memory space(since I have only 40GB HDD, it is a matter of serious concern to me.) I cannot find any uninstaller in the real folder and worst of all these, I cannot even find the name of real player in control panel->add or remove programs. Please help me out. My OS is Windows XP Professional.
08-02-2009, 07:51 AM
Here (http://real.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/real.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=4723&tabName=tab0) is a link to the real website explaining how to uninstall it.
This is what they say:
Uninstall the RealPlayer.
1. Make sure RealPlayer is closed.
2. Click the Windows Start button, point to (All) Programs > Real > RealPlayer > Uninstall RealPlayer.
3. The Uninstallation of RealPlayer dialog appears, showing check box choices of components that are available for uninstall.
4. Uninstall all the components.
Note: Before you delete My Library, please be aware that deleting it will not delete your music files, but you will have to recreate all your playlists. You can back them up or export them if you like.
Delete the RealPlayer folders.
To delete the folders for RealPlayer located at:
c:\program files\common files\real\
1. Go to My Computer.
2. Go to C:\ or Local Disk (C:\).
3. Go to the Program Files folder.
4. Go to the Real folder.
5. Delete the RealPlayer folders: c:\program files\real\RealPlayer
6. Go back to the Program Files folder.
7. Go to the Common Files folder.
8. Delete the Real folder: c:\program files\common files\real\
If you cannot find the uninstall file, then I would suggest you reinstall it, and then uninstall it as shown on that link.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.2 Copyright © 2017 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.