Free Hosting Options

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free Hosting Options

Yes, I know you get what you pay for. But right now, what I pay for is limited to free.

With that in mind, does anyone have any good suggestions for a free host that will allow hosting of .SWF files? Right now, my swf samples are being hosted on Fortunecity, which isn't exactly the height of service, and the ads are overwhelming.

Also helpful would be PHP hosting, as that's what scripting I use for contact forms in Flash.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks.
    Need help with your computer problems? Then why not join Free PC Help. Register here

If Free PC Help has helped you then please consider a donation. Click here

I have my domains registed at GoDaddy. They give you free web space. There is advertising on the web space, but it's not too bad. A domain cost about $10 US, 3.4 E.

Also check with your Internet Provider as they sometimes include web space with your account.

Don't know about swf or PHP.
    Need help with your computer problems? Then why not join Free PC Help. Register here

We are all members helping other members.
    Please return here where you may be able to help someone else.
    After all, no one knows everything and you may have the answer that someone needs.

Comment

Eventually I'd like to get on GoDaddy, but right now, 10 dollars is better spent on things like food.

I'll check with my ISP about any space they might have.

Comment

Hi JEB;
        You can look into 100WebSpace. I think it supports php and flash. It's one of the free ones I use. I see php in the control panel options.

You will get a large banner ad at the top but that's all. 100mb storage and I think 3 gb traffic. ftp is there too. You get what you pay for.

They also have paid plans but I'm too cheap. For one US dollar a month (.6 Euro-.5 GBP) you can remove the banner ad. Again I'm too cheap. Good luck finding that option.

I'm not saying it's good or bad but you can look into it.

RandyL
        We are all members helping other members. Please return here where you may be able to help someone else. After all, no one knows everything and you may have the answer that someone needs.

Get help with computer problems. Join Free PC Help here

Donations are welcome. Read Here

Comment

This thread appears to be solved and is now closed

If you are the original poster of this thread and need it re-opened, then please PM (Private Message) an Administrator or Moderator
          Need computer support? Then why not join Free PC Help. Register here

We are all members helping other members.

Please return here where you may be able to help someone else.

After all, no one knows everything and you may have the answer that someone needs.

Comment

Working...
          X