Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Viruses and Trojans Etc

Hi Guys

Many thanks for a brilliant and extremely helpful site. I had various trojans and viruses on my system thanks to my teenage son and his downloads! After registering on here, I searched through the topics and found your answers to others that had had similar problems as me. I followed all the procedures you recommended and am pleased to say my system is fully cleaned now. Thank you so much. Your instructions are very easy to follow, which is good for me as I get nervous when it comes to installing, uninstalling, deleting and so on! Once again, thanks for all the information, help and tips you provide. You do a great job.

Now - any tips on how to install common sense into a 16 year old lad???

Hi Freia;
    Thankyou very much for the praise. The team put a lot of thought and effort into the procedures you followed. Congratulations on cleaning your computer. If you run into any other problems just let us know.

How to install common sense into a 16 year old.
    That procedure takes about 10 years to complete.

Good luck Freia and come back to Free PC Help anytime.

RandyL
    We are all members helping other members. Please return here where you may be able to help someone else. After all, no one knows everything and you may have the answer that someone needs.

Get help with computer problems. Join Free PC Help here

Donations are welcome. Read Here

Comment

Agreed, thanks for the kind words and feedback Freia. Much appreciated to see that our work helps others.
      Need help with your computer problems? Then why not join Free PC Help. Register here
      If Free PC Help has helped you then please consider a donation. Click here

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware | Malwarebytes' Products | SUPERAntispyware | HijackThis | Spybot Search & Destroy | hpHosts | SpywareBlaster | WinPatrol | SiteHound | FireFox | NoScript | Adblock Plus | Sandboxie | Acronis True Image | ThreatFire | ESET Online Scanner | Kaspersky Online Scanner | Panda Online Scanner | Trend Online Scanner | Avira AntiVir Personal | Avast Free AV | CCleaner | ATF-Cleaner | Online Armor Firewall | Outpost Firewall Free | DirectX | Office Compatibility Pack | Office 2003 (SP3) | SubInACL | Windows Defender | Windows Installer 3.1 | IE7 XP | XP SP3 for IT | Sysinternals | Virtual PC 2007 | Returnil

We are all members helping other members.
      Please return here where you may be able to help someone else.
      After all, no one knows everything and you may have the answer that someone needs.

Comment

That's great news Freia

Here are some tips and suggestions:

1) Please read "How to avoid a malware infection" and post back with what internet security you are using.

2) Download and install the free version of Mcafee site advisor, which will show many dangerous sites when running a web search.

3) Clear your restore points which will contain malware, and create a new one:

Right click on "My Computer" and choose Properties. Click on the System Restore tab and put a check on "Turn off System Restore". Now click Apply, then Ok, and restart the computer. Now enable System Restore.
        Need help with your computer problems? Then why not join Free PC Help. Register here

If Free PC Help has helped you then please consider a donation. Click here

Comment

Working...
        X