This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USB device (not installed)

I have a problem with my USB ports, cos all of them seem to have a drivers as i go to the device manager. However they dont work. When i go to the BIOS setup it says "USB controller : On" but also "USB device (Not Installed)". I'm currently using Windows XP Professional but i just changed the motherboard and proc. since then all USB ports dont work. Does anyone know whats wrong?

Hi Daniell

Welcome to Free PC Help.

Do you get any error meassages when plugging a device in the USB port?

The best would be to uninstall all USB drivers and then reboot so windows can install them again.

Tell us if you get stuck.

We are all members helping other members. Please return here where you may be able to help someone else. After all, no one knows everything and you may have the answer that someone needs.

RaidMax Smilodon Gaming Case | Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H M/B | Intel Core i5 3570K @ 3.4GHz | 8GB Corsair RAM | Nvidia GTX550 Ti 1GB GDDR5 | Corsair 800w PSU

Register for FREE >>here<< | If we have helped you, please consider a donation >>here<<

Comment

i just made a small checkout with everest and it says:
      "Fast Back-to-Back Transactions: Supported, Disabled" for every USB controller but firstly ill try to do as u told me.

Comment

i tried as u said. AND IT WORKED!! I love u guys xD. I was afraid I'll be using numpad mouse forever ;d but now my usb one works properly. THX again.

Comment

Hi

I am glad its working again

We are all members helping other members. Please return here where you may be able to help someone else. After all, no one knows everything and you may have the answer that someone needs.

RaidMax Smilodon Gaming Case | Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H M/B | Intel Core i5 3570K @ 3.4GHz | 8GB Corsair RAM | Nvidia GTX550 Ti 1GB GDDR5 | Corsair 800w PSU

Register for FREE >>here<< | If we have helped you, please consider a donation >>here<<

Comment

That problem still occurs but after rebooting my system. I need to reinstall all USB's all over again. Can sbd tell me whats wrong?

Comment

Hi

Do you have all the updates for your Windows? Are you running Windows XP SP2?

Comment

Yes i have got Windows xp professional sp2 but i cannot update my windows online.

Comment

Can i ask why you can't update windows online?

Comment

cos its illegal ;p And they didn't give me an original copy when i was buying my pc (i don't know why)

Comment

Unfortunately we can't help you with illegal software. The best thing you can do is get a legal copy of Windows.

Thread Closed.

Comment

Working...
                      X