system recovery

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• system recovery

I am trying to run the system recovery on windows XP, and can't figure out how to get it to come up when I restart it the computer.

Press F8 just before windows starts to load.
    Never ascribe to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

Comment

Thank you. I will certainly try that.

Comment

hi I am trying to run a complete re install of xp on my cmputer using the recovery cd but it only gets so far and then gives me an error message tat says isapnp.sys is corrupted and thats it???
        Any ideas pleeeeease? I feel like throwing the thing out the window!!!

Comment

What is the exact error message ? Why do you want to reinstall ?

If its saying somthing like 'cannot copy file XXXX' it can be bad memory.

To test your memory use this - http://oca.microsoft.com/en/windiag.asp

If you do reinstall you will lose everything on the pc.
          Never ascribe to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

Comment

the exact error message is what i have typed above "isapnp.sys is corrupted" and I want to re install because my usb ports are not working and device manager says they are working ok but i just thought that a complete re install would do the trick and i could only have things that i want on there after four years of everyone else using and installing things on my pc, fresh start and all that! anyway i have now accidentally uninstalled sp2 and cannot download it again from the internet : (

Comment

Working...
            X