Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help installing windows xp

hi ,ive recently bought a new computer without an operating system
    so i bought windows xp to install,but i cant seem to get the thing to work,when i swich on the pc a message comes on the screen,just saying :intel 82945g chipset family pci accelrated svga bios build number 1374 and the date.
    my main concerns are the keyboard dosent work,or the cd rom drive.

Welcome to Free PC Help Aaza

When you tried to install XP did you set the PC to boot from the cdrom?

Provide more information please.

Comment

the computer is new and the motherboard is a as rock conroe133 d667. no i havent tried that ive just put the xp cd in the drive.which nothin happend. if you can tell me how i will give it a go thx.do you think there is a problem with the pc?and is that message on bootup normal?
      should the keyboard be working to enter bios.?
      the keyboard works fine because i use with my other pc,and its not usb.

Comment

Have a look at this link here Aaza ok, this is the post screen and if you press Del you can get into the bios to change the boot order.

http://biorobots.cwru.edu/server/howto/buildcomp/POST/

Your post screen may be different and say press F2 for example.

Comment

thx for the link but ive still cant get into bios,ive tried hitting f2/del.just before boot up.
          but no succes.
          but my post scr4een now says.
          decomplition or disassembly prohibited.
          dont know what this means.any help would welcome.

Comment

Try resetting the bios. There are two ways to do so, but in your case it would be easier to remove the motherboard battery. Unplug the computer and carefully take out the "button" battery on the motherboard. Put it back in after 30 minutes, plug in the computer and turn it on. As soon as you see the keyboard lights flash, start tapping F2 or DEL. This should get you into the bios (setup).

From the bios, restore the defaults then change the boot order to cd first then hard drive. Pop in your XP cd, save the bios changes and exit. The computer should now boot to the cd and start XP's setup.
            Need help with your computer problems? Then why not join Free PC Help. Register here

If Free PC Help has helped you then please consider a donation. Click here

Comment

ive taken out the the battery,for half an hour and replaced it again but the same thing happens.
              ive pressed f2 to try to get into bios,but i only get a long beeping sound.
              i have some more info of what the problem could be i remember when i got the pc,i noticed the fan wire wasnt connected i recconected it after the (pc wasnt on for long) could this mean i have damaged the proccessor?

Comment

Hi
                How many beeps is it. For eg. 1 short 3 long.
                Is the CPU fan working?
                Is there any error messages on the screen.
                Also try a new Cmos battery(the one you took out for 30min).

We are all members helping other members. Please return here where you may be able to help someone else. After all, no one knows everything and you may have the answer that someone needs.

RaidMax Smilodon Gaming Case | Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H M/B | Intel Core i5 3570K @ 3.4GHz | 8GB Corsair RAM | Nvidia GTX550 Ti 1GB GDDR5 | Corsair 800w PSU

Register for FREE >>here<< | If we have helped you, please consider a donation >>here<<

Comment

If you're using a USB keyboard, try using a PS-2 one instead.
                  Need help with your computer problems? Then why not join Free PC Help. Register here

If Free PC Help has helped you then please consider a donation. Click here

We are all members helping other members.
                  Please return here where you may be able to help someone else.
                  After all, no one knows everything and you may have the answer that someone needs.

Comment

Working...
                  X