windows onecare live problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• windows onecare live problem

im tryin to install panda platinum 2007 on my laptop but it keeps sayin that windows onecare is still installed....ITS NOT!!! so i ran regcure and this came up under file/path references.

the file referenced doesnt exist
    Key:HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Microsoft/Malwareprotection
    DataArchive=C:/Program Files/Microsoft Windows OneCare Live/Antivirus
    /{7dc3677e-1ae0-4939-b2a1-717207d8c2f5}

then when i press fix errors it says its fixed but again ITS NOT!
    if i run regcure again the same thing happens.iv ran system mechanic on it aswell and the same thing happens.
    iv spend days looking around the computer now and its lucky i havent thrown it out the window.

so any help now would be great im running out of ideas
    thanks in advance

Due to how much time and effort you are spending on this, it would be wiser to backup your files and settings, do a clean reinstall of Windows and then restore your files and settings. This way, you will have a fresh installation of Windows with all of your important data and you will then be able to install "Panda Platinum 2007". Unfortunately, this will wipe out any other programs you currently have installed also.

So, if you want to go down this route you will have to make sure you have: your original Windows XP CD and license key, a blank CD/DVD to burn your files and settings to, some patience and time.

Here are a few articles that will help:

How to use Files and Settings Transfer Wizard in Windows XP
    How to install or upgrade to Windows XP

Comment

Working...
    X