Urgent Help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urgent Help

helo i need urgent help,few minutes ago i switched on my pc it switched on but monitor didn't came,this was doing it several times and i have to switvh it from the front ,not even make any log off becouse screen is black,so i switch main and pc togheter and after 2 o 3 tryies it will switch on correctly,but today never come,after several tries it switched on but windows didn't came,all it came is a fish screen,then i pressed ctrl/alt delete and i browsed for firefox,any help how bring my windows back and all its programes?

thanks

Hiya and Welcome to Free PC Help dorsil.
    Please be patient and someone will be along to assist you.
    Welcome to Free PC Help.

Need help with your computer problems? Then why not join Free PC Help. Register here

If Free PC Help has helped you then please consider a donation. Click here

ONY

Comment

The issue with your PC not booting until after a few tries with the AC power applied can be a symptom of a dead or failing BIOS battery.
      How old is the PC and has the battery ever been changed?
      How to change BIOS battery

When you start the PC are there any beeps, if so what sequence of beeps?
      Is there anything, anything at all, displayed on screen when you start PC?

When it finally does start what exactly happens then, how far does it get? does ir get to the Windows Loading screen?

Have you tried booting into 'Safe Mode' or 'Last Known Good Configuration'? these options are found on the Safe Mode boot menu, to get to it keep tapping the F8 key as the PC boots.

Post back with as much information as you can give, the more you give us the more we are able to help you.

Comment

hi

i hear only one beeb,at first it was going to boot,but then i saw only the blue welcome screen and stooped there,if i choose safe boot,then what to do?

Comment

hi m8's everything ok now,i made it from safemode, wow life is better now enjoying my second wife (my pc)

thanks friends

Comment

hello the fault i got was from the new graphic card,i made the one i had before,but i experienced some errors and i left the pc alone and had made the normal startup,but i need to know if there something that i can to stop rievcieve such errors such

canot load file or assembly "MOM implementation or one of its dependencies.the system cannot find the specified,

firefox was deleted to becouse i had made many resets,in the windows sw is there any option that can repair my windows?

by putting the cd sw and go on?

thanks

Comment

Hi

Do you have an ATI graphics card? If yes the uninstall the Catalyst drivers and go to the ATI website and install the graphics drivers.

Apparently you have to make sure your Microsoft .NET Framwork is updated.

We are all members helping other members. Please return here where you may be able to help someone else. After all, no one knows everything and you may have the answer that someone needs.

RaidMax Smilodon Gaming Case | Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H M/B | Intel Core i5 3570K @ 3.4GHz | 8GB Corsair RAM | Nvidia GTX550 Ti 1GB GDDR5 | Corsair 800w PSU

Register for FREE >>here<< | If we have helped you, please consider a donation >>here<<

Comment

hi yes i did have it,but at this moment i'm with the geforce and i can't erase all the ati files,why?should i replace the card and then uninstall?my tech is ggonna ghange it for me

at the moment i'm working with the geforce card

Comment

Hi

Go to Add/Remove programs and uninstall all the ATI software.

Also check under Device Manager if there is any Hardware that says ATI. Post back here for further assistance.

We are all members helping other members. Please return here where you may be able to help someone else. After all, no one knows everything and you may have the answer that someone needs.

RaidMax Smilodon Gaming Case | Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H M/B | Intel Core i5 3570K @ 3.4GHz | 8GB Corsair RAM | Nvidia GTX550 Ti 1GB GDDR5 | Corsair 800w PSU

Register for FREE >>here<< | If we have helped you, please consider a donation >>here<<

Comment

Hi dorsil;
                    As maynard said it's important to uninstall any old ATI software first.

Start at the ATI (AMD) site and tick "I need help installing my product".

From there you can follow the link for correct uninstall and also how to properly install the new card depending on which one it is.

It seems precise steps need to be followed.

Also if you are having problems with the Catalyst drivers then go the ATI site and just install the graphics drivers as maynard said. You will have to look for them a bit though.

Get help with computer problems. Join Free PC Help here

Donations are welcome. Read Here

Comment

The issue is caused by the .NET framework by Microsoft as mentioned already.

You need to uninstall all of the ATI software and then re-install or repair the .NET Framework.

From TweakGuides
                      Microsoft .NET Framework

If you're going to install and use the latest ATI Catalyst Control Center, which is part of the normal ATI Catalyst Software Suite, you must first install the Microsoft .NET Framework (Version 2.0) on Windows XP - Vista already comes with .NET 3.0. Download the .NET package and install it, and then make sure to visit the Windows Update site and check for any additional updates for .NET regularly. The .NET package is absolutely necessary if you want the ATI Control Center to work.
                      Need help with your computer problems? Then why not join Free PC Help. Register here

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware | Malwarebytes' Products | SUPERAntispyware | HijackThis | Spybot Search & Destroy | hpHosts | SpywareBlaster | WinPatrol | SiteHound | FireFox | NoScript | Adblock Plus | Sandboxie | Acronis True Image | ThreatFire | ESET Online Scanner | Kaspersky Online Scanner | Panda Online Scanner | Trend Online Scanner | Avira AntiVir Personal | Avast Free AV | CCleaner | ATF-Cleaner | Online Armor Firewall | Outpost Firewall Free | DirectX | Office Compatibility Pack | Office 2003 (SP3) | SubInACL | Windows Defender | Windows Installer 3.1 | IE7 XP | XP SP3 for IT | Sysinternals | Virtual PC 2007 | Returnil

We are all members helping other members.
                      Please return here where you may be able to help someone else.
                      After all, no one knows everything and you may have the answer that someone needs.

Comment

hello m8's i had to make a format,at the moment i'm working with my old geforce,and i suppose that on monday i'll have back the new card,then i'll see what happin,

how do i find the Microsoft .NET Framework (Version 2.0) on Windows XP on my pc,?
                        Last edited by dorsil; 09-05-2008, 06:48 PM.

Comment

You can download it from Microsoft. Don't forget to visit the Windows update site though after you've installed it and rebooted. There are fixes for it that need to be applied.

Microsoft .NET Framework Version 2.0

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware | Malwarebytes' Products | SUPERAntispyware | HijackThis | Spybot Search & Destroy | hpHosts | SpywareBlaster | WinPatrol | SiteHound | FireFox | NoScript | Adblock Plus | Sandboxie | Acronis True Image | ThreatFire | ESET Online Scanner | Kaspersky Online Scanner | Panda Online Scanner | Trend Online Scanner | Avira AntiVir Personal | Avast Free AV | CCleaner | ATF-Cleaner | Online Armor Firewall | Outpost Firewall Free | DirectX | Office Compatibility Pack | Office 2003 (SP3) | SubInACL | Windows Defender | Windows Installer 3.1 | IE7 XP | XP SP3 for IT | Sysinternals | Virtual PC 2007 | Returnil

We are all members helping other members.
                          Please return here where you may be able to help someone else.
                          After all, no one knows everything and you may have the answer that someone needs.

Comment

Take note on the page AdvancedSetup linked to it says you need the Windows 3.0 Installer first.

Get help with computer problems. Join Free PC Help here

Donations are welcome. Read Here

Comment

but from my pc can i know which version i have ?

Comment

Working...
                              X