xp start up problems..heeelllllppppp

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• xp start up problems..heeelllllppppp

hi,please heeeellllpppp!! when i boot up the pc it goes to the safe mode menu and from there wont boot up in ANY mode.i have put the recovery disc in and that wont load.i can get in to the bios setup utility but thats all.i get a half page of system 32 commands when it tries to load and then it stops.....help please guys...

Hi

What recovery disks do you have?

What is the make and model of the computer?

When you tried with the recovery disk did you set to boot from the cd.

Make sure CD-ROM is set first then Hard drive.

We are all members helping other members. Please return here where you may be able to help someone else. After all, no one knows everything and you may have the answer that someone needs.

RaidMax Smilodon Gaming Case | Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H M/B | Intel Core i5 3570K @ 3.4GHz | 8GB Corsair RAM | Nvidia GTX550 Ti 1GB GDDR5 | Corsair 800w PSU

Register for FREE >>here<< | If we have helped you, please consider a donation >>here<<

Comment

i got a "bootable operating system cd"...a drivers and utilities disc...i got it from ebay 3 years sgo so its a non branded model..i tried what you showed in your reply and tried to repair windows. then i got.......
      "setup did not find any hard disk drives installed on your computer"....

Comment

If you have a SATA Hard drive, there is some point during the installation you must press F6 to install the SATA drivers. It will tell you when at the bottom of the screen when to press it.

We are all members helping other members. Please return here where you may be able to help someone else. After all, no one knows everything and you may have the answer that someone needs.

RaidMax Smilodon Gaming Case | Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H M/B | Intel Core i5 3570K @ 3.4GHz | 8GB Corsair RAM | Nvidia GTX550 Ti 1GB GDDR5 | Corsair 800w PSU

Register for FREE >>here<< | If we have helped you, please consider a donation >>here<<

Comment

the option did not appear. im only trying to repair not reinstall.would that make a difference?

Comment

Have a look at this:

How to Perform a Windows XP Repair Install

Please get back to us if you get stuck or dont understand anything and we will help you.

Comment

Do you have a SATA Hard Disk Drive Bad?

Comment

yes it is a sata drive,when i try to do a repair on xp its says ......
                "setup did not find any hard disk drives installed on your computer"...so then i pushed f6 to install the sata drivers.at this point,i got..
                please insert the disk labeled windows automated system recovery disk into floopy drive.....i dont have a floopy drive so cancelled and continued with the repair....it then did not recognise a specified hard drive and gave me 2 options.at this point i stopped as im concerned that it doesnt recognise windows is there and wipes over the top of my stuff....
                Last edited by badasshammer; 17-05-2008, 09:12 AM.

Comment

What is the make and model of your pc?

Comment

it was bought off of ebay 3 years ago so its non branded

Comment

it then did not recognise a specified hard drive and gave me 2 options.
                      What were the 2 options?

Comment

hard drive make is Maxtor 6L160M0...SATA 152.67 HD

Comment

To Continue With The Instalation Or Stop..i Chicken Out Because It Has Not Recognised A Hard Drive
                          it says....set up could not determine the type of one or more mass storage devices installed in your system.then the 2 choices....1..to specify additional scsi adapters,cd rom drives,or special disk controllers for use with windows..press s
                          2....if you do not have any device support disks from a mass storage device,or do not want to specify additional mass storage devices for use with windows press enter
                          Last edited by badasshammer; 17-05-2008, 09:38 AM.

Comment

What does it say on the Utilities disk you have?

Comment

adobe acrobat reader,fuzzy logic,live update,pc alert,norton and useful websites...thats all it says...when i get to the safe mode menu..and i push load from safe mode..i get a list of system 32 driver loads..until it stops and then goes back to the safe mode screen

Comment

Working...
                              X