System Keeps Freezing Up

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• System Keeps Freezing Up

Hi. I'm having a big problem. My system keeps freezing up. I've noticed that it freezes up on websites(random ones) and when I open (random)emails that have HTML in them. Could it have something to do with HTML? I've never heard of anything like this before, though. It just seems like a weird coincidence. My hard drive does not sound like it is dying at all. It just freezes and I have to reboot. Any ideas or suggestions? Thanks for any help.

I am running XP MCE 2005.

It sounds like you are infected with malware. This is malicious software code distributed in many ways that can get onto your machine (often through email attachments!) and cause undesirable results, such as freezing, locking up and slow-down.

First, download the Windows Defender software. Install it on your computer and then restart it your computer in Safe Mode.

You then need to scan your computer with Windows Defender. I recommend you choose "Full Scan". Once the scan is finished, quarantine all of the items.

Also, try starting your computer up in "Safe Mode with Networking". Browse the Web and your HTML emails like you said, see if the problem occurs. If it doesn't, it's most definitely a software fault.

Comment

Working...
    X