• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Low FPS For no Reason...

PC Specs:
    Intel Celeron 2.93Ghz Processor
    2x 512mb RAM
    EVGA Geforce 7600 GS Video Card

I play a game called Woflenstein : Enemy Territory and i get aorund 18-22FPS wen im standign still and 2-6 when a gun fight or bomb fight happens. The game is ten years old so i think i sohuld be able to run it fine. Ive tried reinstalling directx, reinstalling drivers, freeing space on my hdd, defragmenting my computer, scannign for viruses and spyware, and soem commands in the console in the game.... None of these tihngs have improved the gameplay.. I have been to many forums such as: NVidia, PCPtstop, and tech help forums... Nobody has really given me anytihng that has worked yet.

EDIT: It isnt jsut that game either.. Other games do the same thing, and programs on my computer liek aim and mozilla can take up to 10 seconds to load.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you,
    !WORM!

It sounds like it is a hardware problem. Have you tried running the DirectX diagnostic tool?

It sounds like there is another bottleneck in your system. I recommend you download SiSoft Sandra Lite. It is a free benchmarking and diagnostics tool that may be able to identify which area of your system is letting you down.

The game is ten years old so i think i sohuld be able to run it fine.
    The game is not ten years old, it is barely four years old: Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory on Wikipedia.

Comment

Working...
    X