X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help needed

I'm getting a message at the top of my browser saying

"Internet Explorer is currently running with add-onns disabled"

I went into Tools and the Manage add-ons is not clickable.

I'm running Windows XP Home with Internet Explorer 7.

I have 3 teenage kids but the all deny any knowledge (suprise, suprise).

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Hi

Internet Explorer has a no addons mode, make sure you are not using it.

Launch Internet Explorer from the quick lauch or the desktop icon.

We are all members helping other members. Please return here where you may be able to help someone else. After all, no one knows everything and you may have the answer that someone needs.

RaidMax Smilodon Gaming Case | Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H M/B | Intel Core i5 3570K @ 3.4GHz | 8GB Corsair RAM | Nvidia GTX550 Ti 1GB GDDR5 | Corsair 800w PSU

Register for FREE >>here<< | If we have helped you, please consider a donation >>here<<

Comment

You need to highlight the add on in question then click Enable at the bottom left hand side Benji.

Click the drop down box to show "Add ons currently loaded in Internet Explorer".

Comment

Thanks for a speedy reply.

When I launch Internet Explorer from the desktop or start menu is get this page

All Internet Explorer add-ons, such as ActiveX controls or toolbars, are turned off. Some webpages might not display correctly.

To continue to your home page, click the Home button.

To browse using add-ons, close Internet Explorer and then start it again.

I have tried closing it many times but still get the same message. I can't play games or see images on webpages.

Comment

Go to Tools, Manage Addons, Enable or Disable Addons.

Set the drop down box like in the pic and highlight a given Addon and click Enable at the bottom.
          Attached Files

Comment

Also just as a test.

Go to Start -> Run and in the box type IExplore and press enter.

Does Internet Explorer work normally or still gives that message.

We are all members helping other members. Please return here where you may be able to help someone else. After all, no one knows everything and you may have the answer that someone needs.

RaidMax Smilodon Gaming Case | Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H M/B | Intel Core i5 3570K @ 3.4GHz | 8GB Corsair RAM | Nvidia GTX550 Ti 1GB GDDR5 | Corsair 800w PSU

Register for FREE >>here<< | If we have helped you, please consider a donation >>here<<

Comment

sorry I can't do what you have suggested. when i go to Tools the Manage add-ons in grey and not clickable.

sorry for being a pain.

Comment

wow thanks

thanks, when i did the start run thing it all opened as normal. thanks again.

Comment

So all is good again Benji yes?

Comment

Just check your desktop shortcut.

Right-click on the Internet Explorer icon and select properties.
                    You should see something like this :

Make sure there is nothing added after ixplore.exe"

Comment

It shows this

"C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe" -extoff.

my question now is do i have to open IE from start/run everytime?

Comment

Hi

It should only read:
                        "C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe"

Just remove the -extoff.

Then you should be able to launch it from the desktop icon.

Comment

Many, many thanks, everything is now working normally.

I have been looking at your profiles, you guys rock.

Comment

Thank you for your kind words Benji, we aim to please.

Comment

Working...
                            X