Learning all the Time
XP / Vista / Win 7 / Win 8 / Win 10
I tend to agree with Tootech.
Whilst mixing water and electrical components is usually a definite "NO" if the drink left a residue that is shorting the connections on the motherboard say - there is little option but to wash it off.
The water will eventually evaporate or can be assisted using compressed air or a hair dryer.
It is important to ensure that the individual parts are completely dry before switching on again.
The damage is probably done if the machine was not switched off immediately the drink was spilled.