• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

access privileges

jay2ie

FPCH New Member
Hi Guys New to This So if i Make some Newbie Errors Please Forgive me,
Recently i Downloaded Some Registery Cleaners(Not Sure Which Ones But I can Recover the List From the Trash)
Anyhoo, i proceeded to Clean the Computer with Said Cleaners and Restarted,
All Good so Far untill i noticed some Strange Behaviour,
First Being that my Desk top icons have all alligned to Grid and no matter what i do to Seperate them to the Left or Right as soon as i Refresh the Desktop they all snap back to the Left, i have not changed any of the auto allign or snap to Grid stuff on the Desktop,so cant figure it out,
Next, when i open i-Tunes it Says that it is not the Default Audio Player, and when i check the Box to Make it so, it says that i do not Have enough access privileges to do so, even though i am the sole user of the Computer, so i tried to Resore the Computer to a Previous Restore Point and even though it Does shut down and begins the Restore Proccess as soon as it Restarts it says that the Computer Can not Restore to that point and to choose another point which i have done right back as far as April still no Joy'
Anybody have Any Idea what could be Causing this Problem??

Jack Hackett

Banned FPCH Member
When you used said 'Registry Cleaners' did you select the option (if available) to make a back-up before you made any changes to the registry?

If so restore the back-up.