• Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

Accessing work email via Outlook on my personal laptop - security concerns

HelluvaGuy

FPCH New Member
PC Experience
Some Experience
I would like to access my work email via Outlook on my personal laptop. However, I'm concerned that since work email will be routed via my company's email server, they will be able to access my hard drive and see what websites I am accessing, so will this be the case? Please note: My laptop will not be connected to my company's domain, just my home ISP.

Any help appreciated.

Plastic Nev

Deceased - sadly missed
Hi and welcome to Free PC Help.

It is extremely unlikely that any one could gain access to your computer just because you logged in to your companies E Mail servers, they aren't normally set up or configured to have that sort of capability.

Nev.

KenB

Administrator
Hi and welcome from me too.

Just to confirm:
If you are connecting to the company server all they will be able to see is your email address and your IP Address.
Just as we can.

They will not be able to access your machine or even know your home address.
They will not know which websites you have accessed.
Not from accessing their server.

Top Bottom