• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

account user problem

candyfloss

FPCH New Member
I am no computer wizard and what i know i have learnt myself. the problem is that whenever i use my own user account on my pc everything starts up ok but then the screen will go black and then all of the problems start. the whole of the screen becomes distorted in colour, all of the icons become so large that you cannot fit them all to the screen, infact everything is blown up 100%, the colour is bright and icons are that much distorted that you cannot make any of them out. If i start up in my daughters account then everything is ok. I have tried to put this right but have been unable to sort the problem. There is also 3 other accounts and all of these work perfectl all but my own, cannot understand why. Please can anyone help.

tim25uk

FPCH New Member
I would guess its your settings in your account for display settings............... if everboby else who uses the pc is fine then it has to be your settings.......................

try going to .......................

Mycomputer

Control pannel

Display

click on SETTINGS TAB

make sure COLOR is on full or the bottom one

and

screen area is around or is........

1024 by 768 pixels

i hope that helps .............

Peace