• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

Acer 7520 probs

newlife

FPCH New Member
Hope someone can help me with this one, i have just bought a Acer 7520 and when typing it jumps backwords into stuff already typed making it very hard and frustrating when writing anything. I dont know if i am in the right category here as it cant be the software as i have had vista taken off and XP put on and its still doing it. As i have had vista taken off i probably cant take it back to where i bought it from now.:( Can anyone out there help me at all.
regards Jan

W

Wolfeymole

Hi Jan

Are you using an Office application like Microsoft Word or similar program or just using Wordpad/Notepad?

newlife

FPCH New Member
hi

hi Wolfeymole, i have typed in microsoft word, and anything else to do with typing ie: emails, instant message this that i am writing now etc. It just constantly jumps backwords meaning i have to keep looking where i am which takes a long time.
Regards Jan

W

Wolfeymole

It sounds to me like your Back Space button is stuck Jan, try and prise it out gently and clean round it as best you can.
Then pop it back.
If that doesn't solve it you may need a new keyboard which are cheap as chips these days.

Seth

FPCH Long Term Member
Operating System
Windows Vista - Home Premium
Was any liquid ever dropped in the keyboard?

As Wolfey suggested, make sure no keys are stuck by tapping each one and making sure each key has a good "feel" to it.

Have you ever played around with a Window's program called "sticky keys"?

If the above doesn't pan out, then right click on "My Computer" and choose Manage. Click on Device Manager then "Keyboards". Right click on your keyboard listing and choose "Uninstall". Now restart the computer and the keyboard will be reinstalled. See how that goes.

newlife

FPCH New Member
Thanx

Thankyou for your help i will try out the keyboard thing, it is a 4 week old laptop and the keys feel okay and nothing has been spilt at anytime it has been doing it from the start.
Regards Jan

Tony D

Free PC Help Long Term Member
PC Experience
Some Experience
Operating System
OSX
Make sure your fingers, and anything else for that matter, are not touching the trackpad while you are typing.

majea

FPCH New Member
PC Experience
Some Experience
Operating System
Windows Vista - Ultimate
Emailing Problems

:)
Hope someone can help me with this one, i have just bought a Acer 7520 and when typing it jumps backwords into stuff already typed making it very hard and frustrating when writing anything. I dont know if i am in the right category here as it cant be the software as i have had vista taken off and XP put on and its still doing it. As i have had vista taken off i probably cant take it back to where i bought it from now.:( Can anyone out there help me at all.
regards Jan
I have an Acer Aspire 5520. It has behaved like this since bought 6 weeks ago, I was at the end of my tether, nothing in the help or instruction booklet and I have come very close to throwing the thing out of the window. It takes ages to write anything, because it all has to be constantly corrected. I too thought it was Vista, but stayed with it and haven't added any other programs.

I have found a bit of a cure by pressing F7 It does enable me to write emails properly and any long bits of writing that I have to do, although I do have to repeat it occasionally. This answer took 1 press of the F7 key.
Its not a ideal answer, but better than swearing!!