• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

Acer Aspire 5100 Notebook

Billofhook

FPCH New Member
Can you tell me how to install new RAM modules to this notebook
As followed the Users Guide which tells me that the memory is situated in the base, after removing the four screws for this section of the base the base section does not move at all. As it's new I do not wish to damage the notebook in anyway.

Any help please,

Billofhook

maynardvdm

FPCH Long Term Member
I also have an acer notebook and installed extra memory, the panel sits quite firm, make sure you are removing the corroct panel and it only has 4 screws. You will have to use a little extra strenght coz it has got metal folded at the bottom of the plate. But if you dont want any risk take it to any pc shop and then you will have to pay. it is up to you, good luck