• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

Active x error ? spyware help

stevie

FPCH New Member
Hi
I would be grateful if someone can tell me how to get rid of this error message which constantly freezes up my pc.
video active x object error.
Keeps asking me to download and it looks like some **** website. I was surfing a car mechanic website when I think I aquired it.
Help please please please!
Stevie

Seth

FPCH Long Term Member
Operating System
Windows Vista - Home Premium
Welcome to Free PC Help Stevie:

Your computer is infected with malware.

Malware is the term used to describe computer infections such as Adware, Spyware, Viruses, and Trojan Horses.
You will need to run two malware scanners that are listed in the following instructions.
The time it takes will vary depending on your system and your internet connection, but typically the SuperAntiSpyware scan will take between 30 and 90 minutes, and the Eset online scan will take between 1 and 3 hours.
In most cases, those scans will suffice to disinfect your computer.

For best results print the following instructions.
To keep this guide printer-friendly, use your cursor to highlight the contents of below.
From your browser select the "print selection" option to print out these instructions for removal of malware. Follow these instructions carefully.

1: Download ATF Cleaner from http://www.snapfiles.com/download/dlatfcleaner.html to remove "junk" files from your computer that contain malware.
When you run ATF Cleaner, uncheck "Cookies" and "Recycle Bin", then click "Empty Selected". For FireFox, be sure to click on the FireFox tab and uncheck "Cookies" and "Recycle Bin" before clicking on "Empty Selected".

2: Install and run the free version (not the Professional version) of SuperAntiSpyware from www.superantispyware.com
Accept any prompts to allow SuperAntiSpyware to install the latest infection definition files.
DO NOT allow SuperAntiSpyware to protect your Home Page settings.
Double click the yellow "bug"icon in the system tray.
Click on "Scan Your Computer".
Make sure there is a dot on C:\Fixed Drive.
Click "Perform a Complete Scan". Click "Next" and reboot the computer when prompted to do so.

3: Disable your internet security by right clicking on its icon (usually located in the system tray next to the time display) and choosing "Exit", "Disable", or "Shut Down".

4: Run an online scan with Eset from http://www.eset.com/onlinescan/
You must use Internet Explorer for this online scan.
Accept the terms and click "Start".
Once the scanner is ready, check "Remove found threats" AND "Scan unwanted applications".
Click "Start" to begin the scan.

5: Restart your computer, make sure your internet security is enabled, and then please return to Free PC Help and tell us how the computer seems to be operating.
At that time, you will receive instructions to ***ist you in removing malicious programs from your Add/Remove program list.