• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

adding another hdd

wardyboyo

FPCH Member
PC Experience
Some Experience
Operating System
Windows 7- Home Premium
i have a hdd from an old pc which has windows on it, i was just wondering if i wanted to out that in my new pc as a second hdd do i just put it in?..
or do i have to format?

AdvancedSetup

FPCH Long Term Member
You can just put it in as long as it's not set as the BOOT drive.

Then review and make sure you copy any data you want from it, then I would go ahead and format it just to give myself clean space for storing more data.

However there is no need to format or delete as long as you're not confused by which drive has what since they will now have similar folder names and data, just on different drives.

wardyboyo

FPCH Member
PC Experience
Some Experience
Operating System
Windows 7- Home Premium
im looking to dual boot windows and linux..

never tried linux..just want to know if its any good

and singe ive only got 2 hdd's ones a 75gb (in this pc now)
and the other one im going to install linux on is a 30gb so its esier than pertitoning the drive..

sory for bad spelling!..im tired.