• Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

Admin password

Gaz_Low

FPCH New Member
Hey im not a computer genius or nuffin so i need help lol First of all i got a virus thru an active X control. I never found out the name of it but it kept downloadin more viruses, malware etc. Mcafee kept poppin up sayin it was scannin before sending emails to varius places when i wasnt sending any lol so i ran adaware etc, spyware and online housecall. i got rid of a lot of bad stuff but also some net settings but i fixed that later by windows restore but i still found mcafee popping up about the emails. So anyway i turn my machine off and when it comes on, i get a blue error screen

Stop: c0000218 {Registry File Failure} The registry cannot load the hive (file): \SystemRoot\System32\Config\SOFTWARE or its log or alternate ....bla bla bla

the thing wont go on but i got a fix for this by booting from the windows XP disc and using recovery console.
then i got a bit confused cos it asked for somethin like choose system number, in command prompt and it will only let me choose the number 1. anyway it asks for the administrator password and i dont know what the hell it is cause im the administrator on my computer(even though its set under GAZ) and its not that password. Please someone help me, help me get my system back on and if you can help me with this stupid virus that keeps sending emails. thanks guys id appreciate any help

Gary L (gaz)