• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

adobe shockwave

kitnplayn

FPCH New Member
I am having trouble installing the windows 98 version of shockwave 10.0 (Pentium III) - I do get the Shockwave Download page, but after I click OK, another box comes up that says:

"This page provides potentially unsafe information to an Active X control. Your current settings prohibit running controls in this manner. As a result, this page may not display correctly."

I'm wondering if that is affecting my shockwave download, since I am having trouble finding out what that sentence means.

I had no trouble downloading Flash; just cant get the shockwave.

Thanks so much for your kind help.

Kit

bigmack73

FPCH Member
PC Experience
Very Experienced
Operating System
Windows XP - Home Edition
My guess you might have the security setting too high. Check your security setting. in the Internet options.

I remember my system said that too a long time ago. Before the internet got bugged. But forgot how to do it.