• Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

AMD vs Intel

dpainter

FPCH New Member
PC Experience
Very Experienced
Hi all

I am a big gamer, What I have now is 2 Intell core 2 quad, 8gig ram, one system has an Nvidia 590 and the other has a Nvidia 260 for best results I play 4 games on each system. They all play together but I need to get them all on 1 computer so I plan to build a 3rd system.

So here is what I am asking.
What is better for gaming, Intell I7 6 core or the new AMD 8 core.

I never could figure out what was the difference between AMD and Intell

the new Intel (at least the I7) has hyperthread so that gives the 6 core 12 channels for data

as far as I know the AMD 8 core only has 8 channels for data.

not sure if i worded it all right but hope the experts can figure out what I am asking :)

this new system will not replace what I have but will be a gaming only system. so all i need is the fasest gaming choise.

Thanks
Dean

Top Bottom