• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

asus striker

badass2929

FPCH Member
Hi,was looking to buy a new motherboard, asus striker, but it has an issue with it below

===========================================================
This motherboard is one of the best Asus SLI motherboards at present. HOWEVER IT HAS ENCOUNTERED A TEST MEM ERROR AND ALTHOUGHT IT POWERS UP THE PC LOCKS UP ON THE ROG SCREEN.

Unfortunately I am not experienced at all with building PCs and I came across the TEST MEM error when trying to boot. i cannot enter bios and the screen locks up on the ROG screen.
===========================================================
Anyone know if it's a serious prob, or should i forget it,.any advice most welcome guys

AdvancedSetup

FPCH Long Term Member
So I assume you're trying to buy this from someone you know or have met, otherwise how would you know there was an error. Or are you saying you've already bought the board and brought it home and now you're having issues with it?

If it is one from a friend or someone you met I would pass on it. If you already bought it I would look in the manual on resetting the BIOS by removing the CMOS battery and setting the jumper if or as required in the manual.

If that does not help then I would take the board back to where you bought it.