• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

Auto Complete Prompt

tonko

FPCH Member
Can somebody please explain to me how to disable the Auto Complete prompt in Internet Explorer? I'm running XP Pro. I know it has something to do with the registry key [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Intelliforms but, having navigated to it, I don't know what to do with it!

maynardvdm

FPCH Long Term Member
Hi

In internet explorer go to tools then click on intenet options, click on the content tab and look under Auto complete and click on settings and then deselect the check boxes.

tonko

FPCH Member
Is that all there is to it? I thought you had to go stomping around in the system registry! Thanks for that.

tonko

FPCH Member
Thinking about it, doesn't that just turn off Auto Complete rather than the prompt that asks you if you want to turn it on? What puzzles me is that it has only just started prompting me.

maynardvdm

FPCH Long Term Member
I dont think so. Give it a try and see what happens.

If you still having problems try resetting Internet Explorer:
1. Open Internet Explorer 7.
2. Click Tools, and then click Internet Options.
3. Click on the Advanced tab.
4. Click on Restore Advaned Settings.

What anti-virus software are you using and when is the last time you did a full virus scan?

tonko

FPCH Member
Thanks for your help. I have actually scanned using Zone Alarm Security Suite (AV and AS), and Superantispyware and Malwarebytes in the last 24 hours. Not much came up.