• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

backround loads but desktop and all other programs are in-operable

jfcrackz

FPCH New Member
when i start my pc(windows xp) my backround loads but no desktop nor icons. startup and other functions are in-operable. I can load windows in safe mode but i still can't figure out what is the problem. i ran numerous of virus scans and spybot detectors. it all started when i was playing a game and it froze. i restarted my pc and havent been able to run in normal mode since. please help me. jcrackz69@yahoo.com is my email. jfcrackz is my instant messaging name.

RandyL

Administrator
PC Experience
Very Experienced
Hi jfcrackz:
Haven't a clue as to what caused this problem.
But you might want to try the obvious first.

Since you can boot into safe mode try using system restore from safe mode and restore to a time before this started.

If that doesn't work a lot more information will need to be supplied.
Good luck;
RandyL