• Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

Black screen where ever i go! =( please help

everytime

FPCH New Member
I have a HP notebook, and installed a game , i didnt want it after. so i decided to do a system restore to 3days ago. it the then boted back up and gave me a blue screen saying "dumping physical memory".

SO i then restarted and now i dont get as far as windows XP loading up, it stays on a black screen (i left it on there up to 30mins).

So i try to reinstall XP with the boot up disk.
It asks me to press any button to boot the disk, so i do and it then stays on the black screen again.

PLEASE help i dont see anyway around it.

No matter how many times i try nothing happens =*(

Seth

FPCH Long Term Member
Welcome to Free PC Help everytime.

Tap F8 as soon as you start the lappy to get to a boot menu. From that boot menu, choose Last Known Good Configuration.

If that doesn't work, go back to the boot menu and choose Safe Mode With A Command prompt. From the command prompt, attempt another system restore by typing in:

%systemroot%\system32\restore\rstrui.exe