• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

Bleeping PC !

kapcom

FPCH New Member
I've recently bought an HP 1620 Dual Core PC. Using Limewire to download music audio/clips. Every now and again an annoying bleep (or usually a string of bleeps ) emits from the back of the unit (not thru the speakers) and sometimes the downloading freezes. It's really annoying cos when it freezes I have to power off and re-boot. Any ideas re. the problem ?? cheers

Jamey

FPCH Member
It sounds like your computer is overheating. Often there is a low level feature of the system to beep whenever the temperature rises too high. The result is that computer may shut itself down automatically to prevent hardware damage or it may just freeze.

Since it is a recent purchase, you will still be covered under warranty. I strongly suggest you take up the matter with Hewlett Packard as they will be able to offer so-called "official" assistance. Sometimes they even send an on-site technician out as part of your terms of warranty.