• Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

blocking unsuitable internet sites - Windows XP

bajanbim

FPCH Member
PC Experience
PC Illiterate
Hi

I have tried using tools, internet options, security settings, restricted sites, sites and then posting the web site address and clicking on ok. It doesn't seem to work but when I go back to check it the web site address is in the resticted sites but it doesn't restrict access. Can you advise?

Thanks

R

danzil

FPCH Member
PC Experience
what version of xp are you using......
what site needs to be blocked......are you trying to block 1 page or all from that web domain.
more info please
regards
danzil

bajanbim

FPCH Member
PC Experience
PC Illiterate
Hi

Just tried the method I described again and it does work. It allows me to view the site but doesn't let me play the games (which is my aim). Is there anyway I can block it so I can't even view the home page?

Thanks

R