• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

Blue Screen Help Please

aaronaldo

FPCH Member
Ok for a few weeks now i have been having the blue screen randomly at times,i have had to reformat my pc 3-4 times in the last couple of months,i asked my friend about this and he told me to just wipe it clean but is there another way.the blue screen seems to be caused by a device driver.i got this report back from microsoft
(http://wer.microsoft.com/responses/....2.0?SGD=8b9c90b0-4c54-4ad2-84ae-fc4e96d3d133)

My friend who knows a little bit about computers told me to just reformat it but as you have read i have done this so many times recently,but is there another way to sort this out?

These is my system Spec

Microsoft Windows XP
Media Centre Edition
Version 2002
Service Pack 2

Intel(R)
Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.06GHz
3.07GHz 1.00 of RAM

and this is my pc hardware

http://www.pcservicecall.co.uk/layout.aspx?ID={233cbf75-2dd5-4e3f-8d1e-5f10c9c0675b}&CatID={ddaead18-df6b-4f5b-9a8c-f3e7c7bc4fad}

If anyone knows anything i could do to sort this mess out,i would much appreciate it

Jamey

FPCH Member
Since you've reformatted so many times and the situation hasn't improved, it sounds most likely to be caused by a faulty piece of hardware. In my experience, it is usually either the RAM (memory) or the graphics card that causes these things.

So, the best idea would be to try and find a spare RAM module to use instead of your existing modules. If the blue screens stop, you've found the cause. If not, the next step is to find or borrow a graphics card and swap it out for yours.

This process of hardware elimination really is the best way to find out whether the hardware has a fault.