• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

Blue Screening

fink

FPCH New Member
I'm using Window's XP and am trying to run World of Warcraft. When I was downloading it, and when i was playing the game, I would continuously receive blue screens that would tell me that the computer was shutting down for safety reasons. It would say stuff such as, "The driver unloaded without cancelling pending operations" and "Driver_IRQL_not_less_or_equal". What do I need to do in order to play?

Jamey

FPCH Member
This is almost always a problem with device drivers; Windows XP is notorious for such messages.

In order to play, I advise you visit Microsoft Update and download all of the relevant updates to ensure you have the latest versions. Make sure you also select any drivers it has listed, even if they aren't "recommended" updates.

I'd also suggest you find the latest driver for your graphics card too. It is most likely to either be made by ATI or NVIDIA. After installing the updates and drivers, reboot your computer and try again.