• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

boot up problem with Netgear card

saibhy

FPCH Member
Hi, thanks for your time looking at this page.

I tried to install Netgear wg311t adaptor so i can have wireless connection for internet, after installing the software wich came with the card it asked me to turn off pc and install the card into the pci slot.
when i installed it in the pci slot and tried to turn on the pc, it goes up to windows boot screen then jus stucks there with no response. when i took the card out and turned on the pc it booted up normal.

so does any1 have any clue how to slove this problem.

mobo: asus p5e ws pro

Last edited:

maynardvdm

FPCH Long Term Member
Hi

Make sure the card is correctly in place. The card must be securely in the slot. Dont apply too much pressure so that the motherboad will crack. Tell us if it still does not work.

saibhy

FPCH Member
Yes its inserted properly i have tried both of my pci slots 1-2, same probloem, as for the drivers i have downloaded from the internet (latest ones). Dont i have to change any settings in bios before start up ?

Dalo Harkin

FPCH Member
PC Experience
Elite PC Guru
Operating System
Windows Vista - Home Premium
When you first installed the OS did you install the drivers from the MOBO disk? Chances are that the MOBO needs the PCI drivers and thats whats making it crash
What OS are you running?