• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

Boot up

daveesp

FPCH Member
PC Experience
PC Illiterate
Operating System
Windows Vista - Home Premium
My PC keeps shuting down during boot up. It stops for a while then attemps to reboot if it does manage to boot up completely it only goes for a while then shuts down again.Tried a different hard drive and it does the same so dont think its a virus. Fans working ok its not overheating. Anyone got any ideas

My next suspect would be memory, although you might expect system crashes rather than computer shutting down.

Possibly some loose connections on m/b - try very carefully stripping everything off and re-connecting as little as possible to get the machine running. Then add components one by one to identify anything problematic.

Andy

daveesp

FPCH Member
PC Experience
PC Illiterate
Operating System
Tried that no joy could it be the processor ?

daveesp

FPCH Member
PC Experience
PC Illiterate
Operating System
Well simple realy was a fauly switch

greenhorn

FPCH New Member
I'm having the same problem here I think.

Upon powerup i get 10 seconds of activity, then an 'on-off-on' cycle with no progress.

connections good, power supply good (brand new jeantech jn120f-600A), all devices good (no hard drive connected yet). mother board also known to work.

i'm trying to feed power just to the motherboard alone but i still can't get a reaction other than the same cycle.

the switch you mention, where is that? it can't be the front power switch, can it?

greenhorn

FPCH New Member
okay, i've checked it out, its not the front switch... its something on the mother board

any ideas folks?