• Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

Buying Refurbished HP Envy Laptop...

Woodworker

Free PC Help Contributor
PC Experience
Some Experience
Having ordered an HP Envy laptop from Amazon with a 12 month warranty, the thought has struck me that I'll have no idea what may have been downloaded on it. Could be I'm being overly paranoid but is there any way I can make sure there's nothing dodgy lurking hidden away on the hard drive?

I've already got a similar machine with which I've been extremely pleased and am buying another as a back up.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0185X8D20?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

Last edited:

GRANDAD

FPCH Member
Hi, looking at your link it does say refurbished with full warranty -- I doubt that a company having tested the said unit would supply with any background info left on the machine.
Why not email them and obtain a written confirmation first. Good luck.

Woodworker

Free PC Help Contributor
PC Experience
Some Experience
Hi, looking at your link it does say refurbished with full warranty -- I doubt that a company having tested the said unit would supply with any background info left on the machine.
Why not email them and obtain a written confirmation first. Good luck.
Thank you GRANDAD. It was late at night and my mind was wandering looking for problems. In the light of day I strongly suspect the laptop is an unwanted return or display item, hence the twelve months warranty, and it's extremely unlikely indeed that there would be anything illegal on it.

Best regards, David

Top Bottom