• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

can my lappy run games??

kevthe1st

FPCH New Member
PC Experience
Some Experience
Operating System
Windows Vista - Home Premium
OK here go's
iv just with in the last week bought a laptop and was wondering if it would ply games IE COD 4. armed assault ECT
tryed to instail cod 4 (call of duty4) but it jst hung wen i tryed to

my lappy specs
aspire 8930g
inte core 2 duo t6600 2.2ghz 800mhz fsb,2mb l2 cache
18.4 full hd 1080 p
4gb ddr3
nvidia 9600m gt cuda 512 mb

any help with this would be much appreciated

kevthe1st

FPCH New Member
PC Experience
Some Experience
Operating System
OK here go's
iv just with in the last week bought a laptop and was wondering if it would ply games IE COD 4. armed assault ECT
tryed to instail cod 4 (call of duty4) but it jst hung wen i tryed to

my lappy specs
aspire 8930g
inte core 2 duo t6600 2.2ghz 800mhz fsb,2mb l2 cache
18.4 full hd 1080 p
4gb ddr3
nvidia 9600m gt cuda 512 mb

any help with this would be much appreciated
any one :confused:

snow

FPCH Long Term Member
Hi Kev,

Your laptop has a mobility GPU, and while it has plenty of memory and new features, it suffers from a lack of avaliable bandwidth to deal with modern games at high resolutions.

I think you should still be able to run those games, though I'm not sure if you will get an acceptable frame rate. The first thing to check is that you have the latest version of directx installed, which you can get from here:
Download DirectX Redistributable August 2009 9.27.1734 - A very useful application for running and displaying applications rich in multimedia elements - Softpedia

kevthe1st

FPCH New Member
PC Experience
Some Experience
Operating System
thanks snow a very usefull site
ok i now have a bunch ov zip files, do i look for the latest direct X, extract and use ?
sorry if the question sound a bit daft but i have updated windows, gpu, and still have arma instailed but will not run, all i get is a couple ov boxes and the game music DOH!!

snow

FPCH Long Term Member
You're welcome,

Open the folder you've extracted it to, and look for a .exe file called dxsetup.exe or similar. Double-click it to start the installation.

britnko

FPCH New Member
PC Experience
Elite PC Guru
Operating System
Windows Vista - Ultimate
It depend on which game you want to play. nvidia 9600m gt cuda 512 mb that's what matter most and with this graphic card you can play almost every latest games, halo3 need for speed shift.