• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

cannot share files

hiko

FPCH Member
hi,

i have tried this for weeks and everything i can think of...

i have 2 windows xp systems that i have tried to home network, i have gone through the windows network wizard here are the steps i have done

1. set 2 unique pc names on the network with description
2. set both pc connection methods ( connected via router to access internet )
3. after reboot on both systems, when i go to share a folder, everything in that screen is blanked out

i have tried reinstalling the network adapter, repaired connection but still doesnt work

any ideas?

hiko

FPCH Member
the whole section is actually greyed out...
although you can see the options, you cannot change anything

hiko

FPCH Member
yes i am the admin on this pc

under netowrk sharing and security
both check boxes are greyed out...