• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

Cant connect to internet after delete an software

norwegianviking

FPCH New Member
Hello!
Yesterday I Uninstall the software product DAP (Download Accelerator). After that when I'am are clicking on the internet explorer I can't connect to internet, but internet signal in is okay because I Can use e-mail Outlook. So something is happen when I am delete the DAP. I have VISTA. Maybe somthing has been removed when I was deleting this software. Is it the proxy

I'm very pleased if anybody can help me to resove this problem. Please explain in "dummy-mode" - I'm not an expert!

Thank you so much for all the help.

RandyL

Administrator
PC Experience
Very Experienced
Hi viking;

This looks like a classic case of a bad uninstall. This happens with programs that have poorly written uninstallers.

Option 1. Do a system restore to before this program was installed.

Option 2. Reinstall the program then exit the program before uninstalling it. The plus version from here states

To uninstall Download Accelerator Plus, either use the Uninstall utility under DAP's program group in the Start menu, or the Windows Control Panel "Add/Remove Programs" utility.
The change will take effect after you restart your browser.

NOTE: Please make sure to exit Download Accelerator Plus before starting the uninstall operation.

Option 3. Try an IE repair.
Control Panel>Classic View>Internet Options>Advanced>Restore advanced settings.

Hopefully one of these options will work. Let us know please.

RandyL

Tony D

Free PC Help Long Term Member
PC Experience
Some Experience
Operating System
OSX
Are you on a dial-up connection? Is Download Accelerator a program to speed up loading of web pages using a dial-up connection? If so, it was probably provided by your ISP. I would contact them.

Seth

FPCH Long Term Member
Operating System
Windows Vista - Home Premium
If those suggestions don't fix the problem, then reset IE7:

Start>Control Panel>Internet Options>Advanced. Click on "Restore Advanced Settings", then click on "Reset" which is just below the Restore Advanced Settings button.