• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

Can't Delete Items From Data Stick.

ONY

Free PC Help Contributor
PC Experience
Some Experience
Operating System
Hiya, was wondering if you could help me. I cant delete some items from my usb memory stick. It says "cannot delete. The filename, directory name or volume label syntax is incorrect." I managed to delete some files and folders from it but it won't allow me to delete the rest. My other memory sticks don't do this, so im at a loss. Any advice would be much appreciated thanks.

ONY

Free PC Help Contributor
PC Experience
Some Experience
Operating System
Thanks for your quick response Wolfey. It is much appreciated. Might be a silly question Wolfey but how do i re-format it?.....

Ive just found the format option and will try that now, thanks. Will let you know the outcome.

Last edited:

ONY

Free PC Help Contributor
PC Experience
Some Experience
Operating System
Thanks for that Maynardvdm, did edit earlier post to say i had found it but as always im always grateful for your help and advice. Thanks also Wolfey....i feel abit silly now as it was so easy but i guess it's only easy when you know the answer.....lol
Thanks so much, you guys are great.