• Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

cant download watch video and keyboard issue

Twitch

FPCH New Member
i am running XP sp2. ok when i try to use accesory buttons on keyboard like email music or volume control my mouse pointer dissapears on screen tabing control untill i find restart is very annoying. now the main issue i can not watch video or download from websites including microsoft. this happened after i attempted to tweak system for better game performance. i used abexo reg cleaner and disabled restore so thats not good. i attempted downloads from many websites. i can't even run a test on pc from pc-pitstop. i get an error saying cant download (file) from (url). and that the site is either unavailable or can not be found thats even from microsoft. i am still able to download from P2P programs. also my video will not work on websites such as youtube and others. my vidoe works fine on windows media player and real. i have no restore points or disk is there anything i can do? please help feel free to email me about this. thank you in advance

londonles

FPCH Member
PC Experience
Very Experienced
There is a possiblity that you may have inadvertly deleted some system files need for Windows Media Player etc, try verifying your windows installation by using the sfc /scannow command you may need your original copy of windows to hand to access this go to start, run type cmd and at the prompt type sfc /scannow

Hope it helps