• Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

cant tell if the processor or motherboard is broken please help

fitzy2541

FPCH New Member
PC Experience
Some Experience
Hi im quite knowledgeable about pc software/hardware and know how to swap parts out etc,
I have however only done the cpu twice i changed to an i7 1155 socket and bought a new water cooling system for it. the issue is that now the pins have bent and i have no idea how. and i have moved them back into place but when i place the processor on the socket it makes a scraping noise then bends the pins. this is without attaching the hsf. everything else works just had it less than a week and its making me feel sick to think which it would be

KenB

Administrator
PC Experience
Very Experienced
Hi and welcome to FpcH

Pins bending ...... Are you sure that the new i7 is compatible with your motherboard socket ?

Are the same pins bending each time?

Which motherboard do you have ?

Top Bottom