• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

Cant uninstall a game!

tippy555

FPCH New Member
Hi, can someone please help! I brought a game installed it but it kept juddering not smooth at all so I wanted to get it off! But it wont let me quote " SETUP DLL/SETUP DLL cpp/485
APP:Agatha Christie- Murder on the Orient Express PVENDOR: Dream Catcher PGUID,FBEDD989-DOC3-4DF4A 4IC-5fc9DD693E18 $7.1.100.1248 @ WINDOWS XP SERVICE PACK (2600) IE 7.0.6000.16608

ALSO THIS COMES UP
INSTALL WIZARD
SET-UP HAS EXPERIENCED AN ERROR
PLEASE DO THE FOLLOWING
-CLOSE ANY RUNNING PRO ( WHICH I DID!)
- EMPTY YOUR TEMP, FOLDER( " " " ")
- CHECK YOUR INTERNET CONNECTION (INTERNET BASED SET UP) ??? WELL I WAS CONNECTED!! ERROR CODE 5001?
I have tried but cant for the life of me cant think what to do,
it is a big file ,which is slowing my comp, up
It would be a great help if you could help me ...I live in Britain, so you may not get this until your morning, its 9.00 in the evening here Sunday 2nd Cheers Sue

Seth

FPCH Long Term Member
Operating System
Windows Vista - Home Premium
Welcome to Free PC Help Tippy.

Sounds like the uninstaller for the game is corrupt. That can be remedied by re-installing the game and then uninstalling it.

W

Wolfeymole

As an aside Sue you may need to purchase a new watch as it 's actually about 8:37pm :)

tippy555

FPCH New Member
Hi I shall try that , opps thought this was an american site ...........I know its for all over the world ! brain going ..somewhere,come back!! I need you for work ......tomorrow Will let you know if it works ......not my brain ............. the uninstalling !! Cheers for your help x