• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome to Free PC Help, a free PC Help forum to get help with your computer problems.

Free PC Help is a community that offers free computer help and support for all users, all ages, worldwide.

In order to start asking questions or contribute on someone else's post you will first need to register. Don't worry - it's quick and easy and once you have registered you will have instant access to the entire forum.

If you do decide to join the forums you will not have the option to send Private Messages [ PMs ] or add a Signature until you have made 5 posts or more. This is an attempt to try to stop Spammers using the PM system or adding links to their Signature.

Computer stupidities

RandyL

Administrator
PC Experience
Very Experienced
I've been looking for that link and you found it for me.:)

I'm pretty sure I've done those kind of things. OK I admit it. I've done even better. I mean worse. I mean... Oh never mind.:D

neill10

Free PC Help Contributor
PC Experience
Some Experience
Operating System
Windows 7- Ultimate
A fun link, as you say made my day, which made me think back too my army days in the mid 80's. We were useing IBM's with green screen monitors attached to the old "venom" intelegence data-base. I came into what we called the hut one day to find a scots guards n.c.o on detachment to us thumping the side and top of the monitor.
"WHAT ARE YOU DOING SGT. YOUNG"
"Just running a name sir, but the little green line has stoped working"
"Ok 'sarnt stop banging it and try the arrows on the key-borde"
"oh...... it was just that before I came one of the lads said I would have to use the things and if Didn't know yet the arrows control the green lines in the wee box thing but you have to tap them up or down on the t.v by hand".
The first chap who invents soldier-proof I.T kit could make a mint.

neill10

Free PC Help Contributor
PC Experience
Some Experience
Operating System
Windows 7- Ultimate
Oh yer there's a lot of us about !. By the by I still know the bloke, one of his pass-times now is building and modding computers ( I think he still resorts to direct impact engernearing from time to time, once a guards man always a guards man!!!):rolleyes:

Plastic Nev

Deceased - sadly missed
The impact or percussion method reminds me of the tale that came from the old black and white TV days.
a TV repair man is called out to fix a broken telly, on arrival he looks at it then thumped it. The TV sprang into life with a perfect picture and good sound.
He then said "That will be five pounds and two shillings"
When questioned about what was then quite a high charge, and all he did was thump it, he replied "the bill is two shillings for thumping it, the five pounds is for knowing where to thump it."

VitalSnake

FPCH New Member
PC Experience
PC Illiterate
Operating System
Windows 7- Ultimate
haha these always make me laugh and then feel sad, people have to respect the computer and learn to use them before jamming stuff into them.